this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This weeks Southern Lady Cooks Meal is perfect for summer. If you missed any of our other meals, you can find those here.
- 1 to 2 pounds fresh catfish fillets
- Milk or buttermilk for soaking
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or can use cornmeal. (I love them both ways)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 (14 ounce bag) precut cabbage or could shred up a half head of cabbage
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup onion
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 egg (Optional)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or beer
- 1 cup cooking oil (I use Canola)
- 1 1/2 quarts fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter or margarine, or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
We hope you enjoy this great summer meal!
Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 20,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.