this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This is a really quick and easy meal from our site. You can throw this together quickly and not be in the kitchen all night. If you have missed any of our other meals, please check them out here.
- 4 or 5 potatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 or 4 carrots
- 1 (1 pound) package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage or Smoked Turkey
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained (can use yellow corn)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers, drained (can use 2 hot peppers of your choice)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Mexican style cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoon oil (I used two tablespoons of bacon grease and two of Canola oil)
- 2 to 3 large apples
- 3 to 4 fresh large peaches
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, Optional
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 stick butter or margarine or 2 tablespoons
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine or 2 tablespoons
- About 1/2 cup milk, more or less
This is the perfect quick recipe! We hope you and your family enjoy it.
Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 20,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.