Blackberry Crumble TSLC

This recipe for Blackberry Crumble is one of my favorites and is so quick and easy to make.   Blackberries are not safe around me because I love them.  Just add some ice cream or whipped cream for a great dessert to serve family and friends.

3 cups fresh blackberries (could use frozen) or enough to cover the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish

1/2 cup white granulated sugar

1 cup quick-cooking oats

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

Sprinkle blackberries with white sugar and mix well.  Let stand about 10 minutes.  Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and spread blackberries in bottom of dish.  Whisk together oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and flour.  Cut butter into flour mixture until resembles coarse crumbs. (I cut my butter into small pieces and then cut it into the flour mixture with a fork).  Spread flour mixture over the top of the blackberries.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes until brown on top.  Makes about 8 servings. Enjoy!

Blackberry Crumble - TSLC

If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Blackberry Buckle.

Don’t Forget to Pin! Blackberry Crumble

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below each post.

Attention Fans

1. Is it better served warm or cold?

I like it warm from the oven but if you have leftovers it is good cold, too, or you can always reheat in the microwave.

2. Linda smyers says:

Can I use a different fruit. I Do not care for blackberries. Thank you for recipes. Really love your posts.

3. Made this and I was so happy. Turned out great. Thanks for making it an easy recipe.

4. Kayla Moseley says:

Just got this out of the oven and it was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

So happy you enjoyed the Blackberry Crumble, Kayla. Thank you for letting me know. Have a great weekend.

5. We have a huge abundance of blackberries on our farm. I will be trying your recipe very soon!

6. Cary Cosgrove says:

going to try this with fresh blueberrys

7. Renita doyle says:

If I don’t have oatmeal can I still make it with strawberries instead of blackberries okay

8. This looks delicious and I can’t wait to try it!

9. This is equally good with whatever fresh fruits are in season- peaches, apricots, a selection of berries, apples, pears… just macerate them in sugar as described for the blackberries. And for a twist, add a little vanilla or almond extract to the fruit, and some finely chopped nuts to the topping mix.

10. I have fresh blackberries in my freezer from the local farmer so I am going to make this. yummy!!!

11. Reda Copeland says:

I wonder if you can get blackberries that are seedless… My husband will not like it with the seeds…

12. Instead if oats what can you use ???

13. My husband would probably like this. Have never eaten a blackberry and they cost a fortune here.

• Blackberries are delicious. My Mama made Blackberry Cobbler with a perfect crust and it was the absolute best dessert!

• Andrea (aka Rokinrev) says:

Frozen is great if fresh is too dear. Used to make something similar when I was a “lunch lady” at a boys’ school in the late ’70s after graduating from Cooking School.

14. I am going to make this dish…