PINEAPPLE CHESS PIE

Pineapple Chess Pie - TSLC

Chess Pie can be made in so many different ways and is one of my favorites.  This Pineapple Chess Pie is delicious and easy to make.

1 deep dish pie shell

1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick butter or margarine, melted

1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar

1 tablespoon cornmeal

4 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup coconut (Optional)

1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup,  undrained

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Melt butter and set aside.  Beat together sugar, cornmeal, eggs and vanilla extract.  Stir in butter, pineapple, coconut and flour.  Pour into pie crust, bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool and Enjoy!

Note:  If you don’t want your pie crust to get brown around the edges, you can cover the edges with foil while cooking. We like it brown.

You might also like:

Chess Pie

Chocolate Chess Pie

Vinegar Pie

Click to follow The Southern Lady Cooks on Facebook.
Click to follow The Southern Twins on Facebook.

© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder
FacebookTwitterPinterestPrintFriendly

1. Love this recipe it is delicious like the vinegar’ buttermilk and pineapple pie’ Keep up the good work and keep them coming

2. Mary calhoun says:

Had to cook mine for 60 minutes. Still not real good and done in the middle.

3. love your recepies

4. Judy, somehow you have dropped from my FB until today. Don’t know what happened but hopefully it won’t happened again. Hope everything is fine and wonderful with those two little gorgeous boys!
    Doris

5. Della Steinlage says:

I cannot believe some of the questions asked. Must be those new to cooking???

• Colita Murray says:

LOL! For sure! I just made this and stuck it in the oven and thought I would read over the “comments”! I’m about to die here from laughing!

Hi Colita, Read your comment to Della and had to answer. You ought to read the ones that often get deleted and be the one that screens comments. This is nothing compared to some of them. lol. I think a lot of people today just fail to comprehend what they read, too. Maybe, life is too stressful or they are too busy to actually “read” the recipe. Believe me there are times when I laugh until I cry on some of the comments placed on here! Hope you enjoyed the pie and have a great week.

6. What happins if you use crushed pineapple in juice?

7. Love everything you do, do I pour in uncooked pie crust or brown crust a little then pour over.. can not wait to make.

8. it says “1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained”

9. Why is it called a ‘chess’ pie?

There is little association between the game of chess and chess pie. Some suggest initial recipes for this pie may have derived from Chesterton England. Others venture that the name chess pie may be a corruption of cheese pie. Yet the recipes certainly do not call for cheese. However, the curd texture of cheese pie is somewhat similar to chess pie.

10. 1 cup coconut ? What do y mean extract,fresh,dryed I’m lost on that

11. what can i use to replace cornmeal

12. Could this be made “crustless”?

• Instead of the flour and cornmeal use 1/2 cup Bisquik in mix. That will make a crustless pie. I do it with pumpkin pie mixture also

13. Got s gluten free recipe to this? It looks wonderful!

14. The Southern Lady says:

Click on the name of the recipe or go to the recipe and look at the bottom. There are buttons there that say: Facebook, Pinterest, E-mail, Print/pdf. Click on the one that says Pinterest to post the link on your Pinterest boards.