My love of food covers a lot more than just cooking. I enjoy reading about food, food nutrition, and food facts. Here are 10 things you might or might not know about some foods we eat every day. Enjoy!
1. Honey is the only food that does not go bad or spoil.
2. Peanuts are not nuts at all. They are part of the legume family. Peanuts grow under the ground and not on trees.
3. Worcestershire sauce is made of anchovies.
4. Carrots are a good source of fiber.
5. Celery is 95% water, low in calories and high in fiber.
6. Corn will always have an even number of rows on each cob.
7. Blueberries have more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable.
8. The 7th leading cause of death in the U.S. is from choking on food.
9. Research shows diet sodas may be worse for you than regular soda because they make you hungrier, make you crave more sugar and carbs and are addictive.
10. Apple seeds are poisonous.
Did you find at least one you did not know about??? Do you have an unusual fact about food you want to share with everyone. If so, leave a comment and add to the list.
If you liked this post, you might also like some of my other posts on food on this site.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.