BLUEBERRY CINNAMON MONKEY BREAD

TSLCBlueberryCinnamonMonkeyBread2

This Blueberry Cinnamon Monkey Bread is so good with your coffee in the mornings, with a tall glass of milk or as a snack anytime.  I love monkey bread and love to experiment with making it in different ways.  This is one of my favorites.  I could make myself sick on it.  You could make this using other berries and fruits, too. I can’t wait to try it with blackberries.

2 (7.5 ounce) cans biscuits (I use the country style)
Blueberries (You will need 80 of them)
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup nuts (I use walnuts. You can use whatever you like)

Spray bundt pan generously with cooking spray.  Pat each biscuit out on a board and cut in half.  Add two fresh blueberries to each biscuit half and roll it into a ball.  Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and roll each biscuit ball in the cinnamon.  Put 1/2 the nuts into the bottom of the bundt pan; add half the cinnamon balls on top of the nuts.  Melt the brown sugar and butter on the stove. (Do not cook it, just melt it until dissolved together).  Pour half the melted brown sugar and butter over the first layer of cinnamon balls.  Add the other half cup of nuts and the rest of the cinnamon balls.  If you have any cinnamon mixture leftover, sprinkle this on top and pour the rest of the brown sugar mixture over the second layer.  Bake in preheated 350 degree over 45 to 50 minutes checking for doneness since ovens vary.  Remove when done and let cool about 10 to 12 minutes before removing from bundt pan.  Drizzle topping below over bread.
 TSLCCOOKBOOKBANNER1
Topping

1 cup powdered sugar
3 or 4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk together until of pouring consistency.  Drizzle over monkey bread.  (If you have extra, reheat in microwave and serve over individual slices of the bread).

Blueberry Cinnamon Monkey Bread - Copy (2)
Enjoy!
Don’t Forget to Pin! Blueberry Cinnamon Monkey Bread

e-mail signup TSLC
 Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below each post.

1. Wondering if frozen cranberries would work instead of blueberries for a Christmas brunch. Any ideas?

2. I use frozen bread dough rather than biscuits.

3. Made this earlier this afternoon, love monkey bread and this just adds a delicious fruity element to it…..love the recipe.

4. I just made this. I altered the recipe and put little pieces of cream cheese in with the blueberries before rolling up the balls. Also I made each dough ball full size I didn’t cut it in half. And I couldn’t find my bundt pan so I used a 2 quart baking dish and it cooked just fine. When the top browned I put foil over it so it could cook a little longer so I was sure the inside cooked through. OMG this recipe is a winner winner chicken dinner!!! It tastes like a cinnamony blueberry cheesecake! Thanks for the recipe Southern Lady I would definitely make this AGAIN!

Thank you Nancy! So happy you enjoyed the recipe and thank you for letting me know. Have a great weekend.

5. Hi..following you from Ireland…just wondering what i could use instead of “cans of biscuit” ??

6. don’t have a bundt pan. what other pan could I use?

Probably any round deep baking dish would work Lissa.

• This uses a bundt pan because the biscuits are dense and the center won’t cook…I would use a loaf pan rather than a round pan, I think that would cook more evenly.

7. Looks yummy I am going to try this !

8. Vicki DeWitt says:

I think I’ll make these very soon! I think I might use some lemon extract in the glaze and possibly lemon zest. I love blueberry and lemon together!

9. Nothing more addicting than monkey bread. By the way, how did it get that name. ?

10. The blueberry monkey Bread look soo good got to try this

11. Could you use canned fruit? If so, how much? This looks delicious and I was thinking of maybe peaches or apples as a fruit substitute for the peaches. Love all the recipes you post!

I think you could but I have never tried it Tami. You would just have to try and put in the same amount.

12. Robert Clark says:

Finally made the monkey bread. It is fantastic. Love it. Thanks

13. Very tasty treat! I made this last week when I wanted to use up some blueberries. My husband and I enjoyed it- just perfect with a good cup of coffee 🙂
    Trying the “Best Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins” today- expecting a delicious treat again. Thanks, Judy!

14. I made the Blueberry Cinnamon Monkey Bread this morning for an office breakfast/goodie day and it was delicious!! It went fast and I received lots of compliments. Thanks for sharing your recipe and for the easy to follow instructions. I will definitely be making this again!!

15. What would the “canned Biscuits” be called in the uk?

16. Going to give this a try.

17. I was just checking to see how far a drive it was for dinner..lol
    FYI: 330 miles= 5-1/2 hours..

18. I love monkey bread too. This one sounds delicious! Blueberries. Haven’t had them in monkey bread before.

19. thebetterbaker11 says:

This sounds fabulous. I love anything! with canned biscuits….adding blueberries is such an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing another mouth-watering recipe!!! Pinning!

20. Iv’e always wanted to try monkey bread and this looks easy and delicious, thank you.

21. Reblogged this on Simple.Heavenly.Eats and commented:
    This looks too delicious not to share, I think we should all make this!

22. The more traditional cinnamon-sugar monkey bread has become an annual tradition with my boyfriend and I…maybe we will have to shake things up and try this version next time! 🙂