Crock Pot Hamburger and Beans Supreme - TSLC

This recipe for hamburger and beans in the crock pot makes a lot and is great to serve if you have people over to just hang out, watch ballgames and entertain family.  You can serve this with shredded cheese on the side, with nachos, or a salad for a meal.

1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can pork-n-beans, drained
1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15.5 ounce) can red beans, drained
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilis,undrained
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pinch cayenne or several drops hot sauce (Optional)
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
1 teaspoon liquid smoke, (Optional)
Brown ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in skillet on top of the stove. Drain. Add to crock pot along with remaining ingredients.  Cook on low for about 4 hours until flavors have blended. Makes a 3 quart crock pot about three fourths full.  Serve with toppings of your choice or with cornbread for a great meal.  Enjoy!
Crock Pot Hamburger and Beans Supreme - TSLC (2)
Don’t Forget to Pin!
Crock Pot Hamburger and Beans Supreme
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Crockpot Three Bean Barbecue with Sausage.
e-mail signup TSLC
Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below each post.

1. Glenn Manning says:

Thanks for adding the quantity. Makes it easy scale.

2. Can you use ground Turkey?

3. C Williams says:

This is an excellent recipe! EVERYONE LOVED IT!!! I served it with shredded Colby jack cheese, tortilla chips and fresh bakery bread to a crowd of folks after a half marathon.

4. My kids are picky but yet they loved it.My son asked for bacon crumbs on it next time!I had to pick the mushrooms out for my husband though!

• Btw I sent some to a friend and she said:
      OMG Des, this is the best soup Ive had in a while….nom nom nom!! Thank you so much for sharing

5. Patty Kasiewicz says:

As always, this dish was just perfect to the ole taste buds. Thanks for sharing.

6. What kind of beans are you calling ‘red beans’? I know kidney beans come in two colors, but I’ve never seen anything labeled simply ‘red beans’.

You can buy canned red beans or dried red beans here at Kroger and they are labeled red beans. You could sub chili beans or pinto beans if you can’t find them.

7. Made this today for dinner and put bacon in with the hamburger as it was cooking, the dish is so good, I had to sample it.

8. I think you could add macaroni and make it a whole different meal! Any choice of past you like would work.

9. Christy Walker says:

And now i’m cooking it on low over nite and i’ll turn it off in the morning and its for tomorrow nite .. amazingly the creole turned the taco flavor into like creole flavor!! And its GREAT!! Just the right amount of heat! And i’m going to freeze half for another rainy or cold day! Thank you for the recipe!! I feel like all recipes are subject to interpretation .. and a little modification ..depending on the ingredients you have on hand as well as your families particular tastes! I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!! LOVE THEM ALL!!

• I think that is what cooking is all about Christy. I love taking a recipe and making it my own. That’s why so many of mine are different. Then, you can take mine and make it yours! Have a great day.

10. I made this the last time this was posted as it looked so good…my husband loved it and I shared it with the girls I work with and one had to have the recipe for her family. The only thing I changed was to leave out the hot sauce and used a very mild tomatoes and peppers due to my husband’s sensitive stomach!

11. Made this yesterday, so good, will make it again. thanks

• Marilyn Perry says:

Have made this several times now, I cook bacon with the hamb. I have used butter beans, what ever you do it is good. We just love it.

12. I made this on friday and today its sunday ..its gone delicious…
    will make again…its a little bit like chili without chili powder ..I liked it better than chili…a great winter dish…

13. Patty Kasiewicz says:

I made this and we and the in-laws loved it.

14. Beans are my favorite especially in the crockpot. We have the exact same crock pot. : ) Can’t wait to try out this recipe.

15. may make this for an outdoor party.

16. This was just perfect,put it togerther before church,It was nice to come Home too,It is a keeper,YUMMY Husband gave it thumbs up.Will place on the menu again thanks again JUDy.

17. Paul Cartmill says:

my variation on this is quite similar but I add a couple of shredded carrots for both body and flavour……its all yummy

18. MMM! I have beans/kraut cooking for dinner tonight. =) And next week, I will make a roaster of beans to serve folks on the street in celebration of Bean Days in the town where I write a food column. I do think it’s National Bean Month. Looks de-lish!

19. yum, fixin this tomorrow