This bread is so good anytime of the year.  It also makes a great gift for friends and family.
6 eggs
3 cups pumpkin (I use a 28 oz. can) or fresh pumpkin
1 1/2 cups cooking oil (I use Canola)
4 cups white sugar
4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 loaf pans with cooking spray. Mix pumpkin, oil, sugar and eggs. Combine rest of ingredients and stir into pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide
batter evenly between the 3 pans. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour. Top of loaf should spring back when pressed. Can add nuts, raisins or mini chocolate chips.
This is the best pumpkin bread you will ever make. It is very moist. You can add nuts, raisins or craisins to this bread if you like but we like it better just plain.
Sometimes, I make several different sizes of loaves to give away.   Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Apple Cranberry Bread.

1. In case I use fresh pumpkin, do I put it in raw? In dices or grated? Thank you.
    Anna from Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

2. Would you need to make any changes to this recipe to make muffins?

I think it would be fine to make muffins but here is a recipe for pumpkin muffins on the site if you look on the right hand side of any page and click on breads there are lots of muffin recipes posted there.

3. In the oven, smells wonderful. Love your recipes!

4. Melissa Krantz Vance says:

I put in 3/4 of a cup of plain greek yougurt and only 1/2 cup of oil It is AMAZING!!!

5. I make up 6-19 loaves at a time and wrap well to go in the freezer. How nice to have pumpkin bread ready to eat when U get the urge or company

6. I was wondering if you can use sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin, my hubby is allergic to pumpkin.

7. Maria Langston says:

Can I use the 100% pure pumpkin? I’m always making pumpkin rolls..

8. I’m thinking about making them into muffins and putting them in Christmas cupcake papers then frosting them with cream cheese frosting with chopped walnuts.

9. Could I use self-rising flour and eliminate the baking soda and baking powder?

10. Patricia Jennings says:

i made these at Thanksgiven and give to friends and it is so good i put walnuts in mine

11. Terry Justen- Griffith says:

How do you adjust the time for the smaller gift size pans?

12. Could I swap applesauce for the oil used in the recipe? Looks yummy, cant wait to try!

13. Do you know how well these loaves will freeze, and for how long?

14. Amanda McCloskey says:

Just tried this recipe today (sooo much left over pumpkin from the holidays).. Turned out great!! My 18 month old son usually doesn’t eat pumpkin bread, but he is eating this like crazy.. lol. Thanks for sharing.

15. On a pumpkin “bender” myself right now and do love a great pumpkin bread recipe. I think my mom made the best but I don’t have her recipe so I will plan on trying this one out very soon.

16. I haven’t seen 28-ounce cans, will be on the look out! Looks fantastic!

17. Just beautiful and taste tempting! I love pumpkin bread – a big batch at once is a fantastic ide!

18. I have a very similar recipe, Judy, and it is indeed wonderful. I add pecans to mine and, like you, enjoy giving the loaves as gifts.

19. Jennifer B. says:

Thanks for sharing your recipe! My favorite Pumpkin Bread add-in’s are Craisins or finely chopped cranberries. Pumpkin Bread is the best!