This is a great salad but a little different since the dressing is sweet and sour.  We really like this for a change from the usual garden salad. You can use your imagination and add other veggies, too.

1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions for salad pasta
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 or 3 large tomatoes, chopped (could use cherry tomatoes)
1/4 cup green onion, chopped (could use regular onion)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Prepare pasta according to package directions for salad. In a large salad bowl add pasta and remaining ingredients.  Toss with dressing. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Makes about 8 to 10 servings and keeps several days in the refrigerator.  Enjoy!
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook on low heat on top of the stove until sugar dissolves.  Pour over salad.
You may also like:
Spicy Tuna Pasta Salad
Ham and Bean Pasta Salad
Kitchen Sink Salad

1. I promised to make this, this weekend. I did, I love it..I know it will be made many times. Thank you.

Thank you so much Susan. So happy you like the salad. There are so many good ones on the site. You will have to try one each week. lol. Hope you have a great weekend and thank you for letting me know.

2. Shellina says:

I just made this salad today … still chilling in the fridge .. but from what I tasted .. its so YUMMY. Probably even better the next day 🙂 Put red & orange peppers and never peeled the cucumber and used whole wheat macaroni. Thanks so very much for the wonderful recipe 🙂

3. Faye Hight says:

I bet the red, orange or yellow peppers would be great in the salad. I prefer them to the green one. Thanks for posting.

4. I would add some cheese cubes to this ,,,I love cheese.

5. Are you supposed to refrigerate after you pour the dressing on it? or is it supposed to be served warm? Looks good, and I can’t wait to try it.

6. Tried this today substituting red and yellow peppers instead of the green pepper….also added some cut up cold hard boiled eggs for protein and served for lunch….bowl was licked clean…thank you for sharing !!!

7. rebecca harringtn says:

thankyou for sharing …..the dressing sounds so yummy….can not wait to make…….thankyou

8. Mooiemiss says:

I made this today and brought it to work it was a HUGE hit. I’m not a pepper fan so i omitted the green pepper but it was still so yummy and fulfilling as well.

• Mooiemiss says:

I also wanted to add that I added a whole alvocado to my salad too. before I added it to the mixture i drizzled lime juice over the alvocado to help prevent browning. Again this was a huge hit!! Thank you so much!

9. Do you have the nutrition information for this recipe?

10. Loved this salad!! I used fresh basil and parsley from my herb garden instead of the dried. It will be in my favorite file from now on. Thanks so much. 🙂 My husband declared it a keeper!

11. This looks great, Judy—we had something similar for supper last night. I love cold pasta salad in the summer. I like that we can put almost anything from our garden in it…and it tastes good!